- WHO DOES THE BEDFORD-STUYVESANT FAMILY HEALTH CENTER SERVE?
The Center is open to everyone, with a special focus on serving
the indigenous population of Central Brooklyn.
- I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY. CAN I STILL GET CARE?
Yes. However, the Center recommends the setting
up a payment plan tailored to your income expectations. A referral
can also be made to the social worker to obtain financial assistance.
- IF SERVICES AREN'T FREE, CAN I GET A DISCOUNT?
The Center must charge for services, but a "sliding
scale" to charge you what you can afford is used based
on your income and family size.
- CAN YOU HELP ME GET HEALTH INSURANCE?
The Center participates with many insurance plans and HMOs,
We are currently negotiating to get other plans approved for
the Center. Ask your specialist if your plan is included.
- Aetna/US Healthcare
- Elder Plan
- Fidelis Care
- Health Plus
- Health First
- NHP UHC Wellcare
- WHAT ABOUT THE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS?
The Bedford Stuyvesant Family Health Center has a full
staff of culturally sensitive, multilingual and caring female
and male physicians. We speak English, Spanish and French Creole. For the
Deaf or Hearing Impaired, we can have someone Sign for you.
- HOW DO I GET TO THE CENTER?
Subway: A Train to Nostrand Ave. & Fulton
St. click for map
Bus: BK #25 to Fulton St. & Brooklyn Ave. click for map
Car: On Fulton Street near Brooklyn Avenue & Restoration Plaza. click for ap
- WHAT MEDICAL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED AT BSFHC?
A broad range of integrative health care services are provided,
with an emphasis on prevention, education and critical support
- Family Practice
- Family Planning
- Obstetrics / Gynecology
- Prenatal Care
- Pediatrics - Neonates to adolescents
- Internal Medicine (Adult Medicine)
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
- Comprehensive HIV/AIDS services
- SPECIALTY SERVICES OFFERED ON-SITE
- Surgical Consultations and Follow-Up Care
- Optometrist / Eye Clinic / Eye Glasses
- Other services not offered on-site are available through linkage
agreements, as in hospitalization.
- SPECIAL PROGRAMS
- Diabetes Educational Program
- Infant Mortality Reduction Initiative
- DENTAL SERVICES
- Preventative and Routine Care
- Orthodontia (Braces)
- OTHER SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Social Work
- Nutrition Counseling
- WIC Program
- HIV Supportive Services
- Health Education
- Blood Drawing / Specimen Collection
- Diabetes Management and Education Program